Thursday, March 12, 2009

Cottonmouth

Ah, I finally found the time to get along to Cottomouth last night! I hadn't been since October or so last year so I was glad that I finally had a Thursday night free in which to indulge in beer and words. I also discovered that two pints of Becks and a glass of water costs $19. Are you kidding?

Anyway, what is Cottomouth? Cottonmouth is a "performance-based project by and for emerging wordsmiths. Held monthly, the night convenes spoken-worders, poets, sound artists, playwrights, new-media-welders and basically anyone with narrative art tickling their epiglottis. Accompanying the Cottonmouth nights is a national podcast and a publication".

Here's some samples from last October:


Patrick Pittman from Patrick Pittman on Vimeo.



Jessyca Hutchens from Patrick Pittman on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment